Gifts from your Retirement Plans
Here is a tax-smart way to make an impact on ISHOF using your traditional or inherited IRA. The IRA charitable rollover (also called the Qualified Charitable Distribution, or QCD) is a great way to make a tax-free gift to ISHOF and satisfy your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD). If you are not required to take an RMD but no longer itemize your deductions, then a QCD may be right for you as well.
How It Works
- Name or designate The International Swimming Hall of Fame as a beneficiary of your IRA, 401(k), 403(b), or other qualified retirement plan.
- Pass the balance of your retirement assets to The International Swimming Hall of Fame by contacting your plan administrator.
- Important! Tell ISHOF about your gift. Your plan administrator is not obligated to notify us, so if you don’t tell us, we may not know.
Benefits of an IRA Charitable Rollover Gift
- If you don’t itemize deductions and are not yet required to take your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD), a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) offers all of the benefits of an itemized income tax charitable deduction
- If you are age 72 or older and must take your RMD, a QCD can satisfy your RMD without increasing your income taxes.
- You may direct your gift to a program or area of your choice.
- It is a wonderful way to create an immediate impact on ISHOF
How Do I Qualify?
The IRA charitable rollover (QCD) offers multiple benefits for making gifts from your traditional or Inherited IRA.
- It is a wonderful way to create an immediate impact
- You must be 70 ½ years or older at the time of the gift.
- Gifts must go directly from your IRA to ISHOF
- Gifts must come from a traditional IRA or Inherited IRA account.
- Gifts cannot exceed $100,000 per donor per year.
How can I make an IRA Charitable Rollover?
- Contact your IRA administrator for their QCD distribution form and information on the procedure to make such a gift.
- Contact Us. Planning your estate and legacy for future generations, including your charitable interests, takes careful evaluation. Consulting with the appropriate professionals can assist you. We are here to assist and complement your advisors.